Prototipo Works – Original Bidon Cage Bolts 3-5Nm (Stealth Black)
Prototipo Works M5 316 Stainless Steel Original Bidon Cage Bolt.
3mm M5 Metric thread. Excellent finishing touch to all builds. Can be used with or without* a bidon cage. Low profile head design provides a clean finishing touch.
Designed, engineered and proudly made in Melbourne, Australia.
*The head may sit up a little on bespoke low volume frames using bidon/accessory mounts where the mount thread travels all the way up to the top, visible from above.
|Features||Low head height|
|Taper Tech thread base for easy installation|
|Precision CNC machined from 316 stainless Steel|
|Precision laser etched Prototipo Works logo|
|Sold as pair|
||Natural CNC machined finish with Stealth Black Oxide coating.
|Used in motorsport and military application to reduce glare.|
|Our strong 316 Stainless Steel cannot be coloured through anodising. The Stealth Black Oxide coating’s primary purpose is not to provide additional abrasion resistance like our PVD coated parts but provide a unique black finish perfectly fitting to any considered bicycle build.|
|Our Stealth Black Oxide coating, uniformly coats our 316 Stainless Steel parts all over creating a light protective and dull cosmetic black appearance.|
|The Stealth Black Oxide coating may dull and grey over time pending the riding environment and cleaning conditions its subjected to.|
Prototipo Works strongly recommends the use of a lithium based anti seize assembly lubricant during the installation of our hardware. An anti seize assembly lubricant helps prevent seizing, galling, cold-welding, and the fusing of metal on metal threaded components. Ideal for salty environments, humid environments, in the presence of water, moisture, sweat and ingress.
Please ensure all mating threads and installation tools are the correct size, are clean, free of damaging burrs and inserted straight.
Maximum Torque 3-5Nm. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
If unsure if it will fit correctly on your bicycle, please contact us
- Warning! Choking Hazard, Small Parts.
- These special lightweight bolts are for light load duties only!
- Product appearance may vary slightly.
- Use at your own risk!
- Will fit a majority of mass produced major OEM produced bicycles.
- May not fit correctly on bespoke low volume produced bicycles. This is due to the bidon mounts that are sometimes used - whereby the thread travels all the way to the top, visible from the outside.
- In this scenario the bolt head may sit up a little, may not screw in all the way down and may bottom out early on low volume / bespoke bidon bosses. In which case there may be visibly exposed thread under the head requiring a slim washer to provide adequate clamping forces to installed accessories or a slim washer when installed without accessories.
- To avoid this please see our Low and Ultra Low Bolts or contact us for support
- Bidon (French) the traditional name for cycling water bottles.